Product Testing Services
The EU Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009 requires all Cosmetic products placed on the EU market to have a Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR). The CPSR does have some mandatory testing and other tests that can be performed as part of our due diligence programme:
• Challenge test (Preservative efficacy Testing PET) this test is for water containing products only and challenges the preservative system within the product to kill any pathogens that may come into contact with product during its anticipated use.
• Product Stability and Packaging Compatibility Testing, this test will determine the stability of the product. The test is an accelerated storage test under the following conditions: 4°C, 20°C, 40°C, Window Light, Freeze/Thaw. Standard tests would Colour, Odour, Appearance, pH, Weight Changes. In
• Physical and chemical Finished product Specification, depending on the type of product we can write and provide the testing required for the
- TVC Y&M
- Quantification of
- Parabens, Phenoxyethanol
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (IPBC)
- Total Heavy Metals
- Claim support, SPF Testing, Patch Testing* some tests may be outsourced to a specialist’s 3rd part accredited lab.