Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR)
The EU Cosmetics Regulation 1223/2009 requires all Cosmetic products placed on the EU market to have a Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR). The role of the CPSR is to ensure that the product being placed on the market is safe for its intended use and that the product complies with the EU Cosmetics Regulation.
The following information is required to perform this assessment:
- MSDS for each Ingredient (EU REACH Standard)
- Allergen Declaration for any Perfume, Essential Oil, Fragrance or Flavour
- INCI Name (if known), CAS number and Exact % value
- Stability Test Results
- Physical and Chemical specification of finished product
- Challenge test if appropriate (water content + use)
- Copy of the Artwork (including any rebrands used in different countries)
- Packaging suitability including:
- Specification of pack material
- Compatibility testing
We can provide the testing required see under product Testing Services (click here)
In addition to the full CPSR we can also provide a Pre-Assessment report which will assess the product purely based on the formulation its compliance with the Regulation and any potential issues regarding its safety.
As part of the CPSR review specific warning will be provided together with the fragrance allergens that will need to be included on the product label. It is advisable not to produce the final labels for a product until the CPSR is completed so that all warning and ingredients can be included.